Pets are our passion.
Our top dog, Gus Elfving, worked with many pet care services companies in the District before ultimately founding Pet Peeps in 2006. After seeing everything that DC had to offer he knew that it was time for something different.
Pet Peeps has a mission. It’s our mission to bring the best in-home professional pet care service to you, and to do so at a reasonable rate.
Keep your pet comfortable and safe.
There is no safer, more comfortable place for your pet to be than your home. That’s why we come to you. That way, you don’t have to worry that your pet is feeling anxious or traumatized. Remember, your pet can’t understand what’s going on when you drop him off at a boarding kennel or doggie daycare. You don’t have a way to explain that you’ll be back soon, and that you love him. Even cats, who seem so self-sufficient, can get anxious if they don’t see a human face for a long time.
Besides, caring for your pets at home means far less exposure to injuries and illnesses. This is especially helpful if you have a young pet or an elderly pet, since their immune systems aren’t as strong.
Why can you trust our peeps?
Don’t worry. We’re not asking you to leave just anyone with your pets.
That’s why we’ve made sure that we’re fully licensed to do business in The District, Maryland, and Virginia. We’re also fully bonded and insured. We’re members in good standing of the two largest and most well-regarded pet sitting organizations in the United States: the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters and Pet Sitters International. We’re also members of Professional United Pet Sitters. We belong to a national business bureau and we adhere to both the spirit and the letter of their guidelines.
And hey, just take a look at our testimonials. We’ve been growing for a reason, even during rough economic times. That reason is because we provide high-quality care that you can trust, no more and no less!
If you have any questions about our services, please feel free to browse our Frequently Asked Questions Page
Pet Peeps Quick Facts
- Gus Elfving founded Pet Peeps in 2006. He is still involved in every aspect of daily operations and customer care.
- Gus worked for many other DC pet sitting services before founding Pet Peeps to offer something different.
- Gus has served on the Member’s Benefits Committee and has chaired the Membership Committee for the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters.
- Pet Peeps also belongs to the Association of Pet Sitting Excellence and Pet Sitters International.
- Competition in the pet sitting industry is fierce! But we’ve managed to grow and expand in spite of it, and in spite of tough economic times. We serve 900 pet families and we’re still growing!
- We employ over 30 qualified and experienced pet sitters to serve our pet families.
- We care for all of our pets in their own home. It makes the pets happier, and healthier too!
- We aren’t just peeps for our client’s pets! We also partner with local shelters, animal rescue organizations, and animal charities like City Dog Rescue and Pets 4 Vets.
Peeps in the Media
Hey, check out what people have been saying about Pet Peeps lately!
Thumbtack, Best of 2016 Award. We’ve been on this list twice!
The Georgetowner, July 2012, interview
MetroWeekly, June 2011, interview
MetroWeekly, November 2009, feature
The NAPPS Network, Winter 2009, interview
Washingtonian, Best Pet Vendors Guide, results of survey of 4,500 DC pet owners. We’ve been on this list twice!
ASPE, “Super Hero Sitters” interview about a heroic moment in pet sitting
Hugo Boss, ad campaign featuring our top dog (as seen in Washington Blade, vol. 41 issue 21, May 21, 2010, page 9 and Washington Blade, vol. 41 issue 18, April 30, 2010, page 19)
Washington Blade, guest contributor about pet proofing, September 2011