It’s the fourth day of the 12 days of Christmas!
Now that you’ve exchanged gifts with family and friends and are basking in the afterglow of the holiday season, why not play Santa to a very deserving DC area shelter or animal rescue league? Please, keep the spirit of giving going by donating goods or cash to help with their wonderful work saving and bettering the lives of homeless, abused and abandoned animals.
We’d like to introduce you to Doberman Assistance Rescue & Education (DAR&E). You may recognize DAR&E from our weekly Shelter Sunday features.
About Doberman Assistance Rescue & Education: Doberman Assistance, Rescue & Education is a Maryland-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to serving the growing needs of unwanted and homeless Dobermans in Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia and eastern West Virginia areas. Their primary directive is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome abused, abandoned, neglected, unwanted and otherwise homeless Dobermans. To that end, they:
• Assist shelters and owners in placing unwanted Dobermans
• Provide foster homes and veterinary care for rescued and relinquished Dobermans
• Place Dobermans into loving homes through their adoption program
• Educate the public about the Doberman Pinscher breed
DAR&E’s greatest concern is the health and well-being of the Dobermans they rescue, and as such they provide support, consultation, and camaraderie to the adoptive families–not only through the adoption process but also throughout the lives of their Dobermans.
DAR&E needs the following donations:
- Adult dog food (hard and soft)
- Gift cards to Petsmart or Petco
- Gas cards
- Flea & tick preventative (55-90 lbs)
- Any leftover meds for dogs
- Kong toys and toys that are not edible (ropes, balls, tennis balls, etc.)
- Chewable bones
- Leashes (6 feet or longer)
- Postage stamps
- Direct donations
To arrange a drop-off please contact Bonnie Neerin via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-445-8909 for drop-off location or mailing address.
To make a monetary donation, visit the DAR&E site for options (including donating by mail).