Do you already have a furry companion around the house and thinking of adding more? You’re not alone. Multiple pets offer a lot of benefits for the owner — and even the pets themselves!
Pets are generally happier in pairs. They can entertain one another while you are away. An additional pet can also help cheer up an older pet and may even help reduce the effects of separation anxiety, which occurs from the fear of being left alone. You know what they say — the more the merrier!
If you’re considering adding a new pet to your household, here are some benefits that you and your pets will enjoy:
- When you have to be away for a long time or when you have to work extended hours, you will have the peace of mind that they won’t be completely alone at home. While it is reassuring to know that your pets can keep each other company, it’s definitely not a complete replacement for a two-legged Peep!
- You will see other aspects of your pet’s personality come out around other animals and you will have a better understanding of your pets.
- Like your pet, you will also discover other aspects of your own personality. Pets do bring out the best in you!
- Pet companionship is proven to reduce stress, lower blood pressure, decrease your risk of heart attack and stroke, and even improves your immune system.
- Multiple pets are known to lessen the effects of depression, stress, anxiety; and it can increase the feeling of contentment.
- Pets are a great way to combat loneliness. They offer unconditional love and often give owners a sense of purpose.
- Pets can motivate you in the fitness department! You get to go out for walks or jog with them when you have free time.
Can’t wait to have more furry friends? It’s easier than ever to either drop by your nearest pet store or your local shelter to adopt a rescue. But before that, you should remember to consider the types and the breeds that will fit your household. Taking your existing pets into consideration is also important as you need to pick a pet that will be compatible with the others.